Learn to make natural lotions, body butters, creams and moisturizers the safe and correct way with this Foundation (beginners) level online homestudy short course from a leading Cosmetic Chemist. (Advanced level coming early next year).
Introductory price: US$150. With over 90% of the recipes taught by other course providers failing safety tests, why choose to learn with us? Jane, a seasoned cosmetic chemist (full member of the Society of Cosmetic Scientists) with over 10 years experience formulates for major commercial brands such as The Body Shop, Blistex, H&M, Boots as well as start-ups. Jane’s insider knowledge will enable you to make professional natural products that are not only effective but safe.
This short course does not have a venue/location because it is conducted over the internet. As long as you have internet access you can do the course on your computer, tablet or phone from anywhere in the world.
Master the art of lotion making under the expert guidance of a renown cosmetic chemist with this online short beginners course:-
- Critically assess which emulsifiers are reliable, non-soapy/whitening, easy to use and safe
- Grasp the key ingredients, tips and tricks needed for a successful lotion
- Evaluate the difference between a lotion, body butter, cream and moisturiser
- Understand the process of making the lotion, the professional way
- Identify the most beneficial natural oils, butters, humectants and actives for different skin types and how to use them
- Discover which natural preservative blends are the most effective and safe
- Know where to source suppliers and the tools of the trade
- Access a variety of expertly formulated recipes for different skin types from serum to cleansing lotion to anti-ageing moisturiser
Online short course – study at your own pace, in your own time (there is no set start date)
Download a certificate for completing the course
The course does not come with teacher email/telephone support however there are links in the units to the relevant post in the Facebook discussion group (over 11,000 members) where questions may be asked.
On purchase, you will have access to this course for six months.
This Foundation (beginners/intermediate) course is the first of a series of two (Advanced Level will be launched in the Winter)).